Thursday, May 30, 2013

My inspiration for a new set of books


The Lady in Red
 
I’ve never seen you looking so lovely as you did tonight

I’ve never seen you shine so bright

I’ve never seen so many men ask if you want to dance

They’re looking for a little romance, given half a chance

I have never seen that dress you’re wearing

Or the highlights in your head that catch your eyes, I have been blind

The lady in red is dancing with me, cheek to cheek

There’s nobody here, it’s where I want to be

But I hardly know this beauty by my side

I’ll never forget, the way you look tonight

 

I’ve never seen you looking so gorgeous as you did tonight

I’ve never seen you shine so bright you were amazing

I’ve never seen so many people want to be there by your side

And when you turned to me and smiled,

It took my breath away

I have never had such a feeling

Of complete and utter love, as I do tonight

 

Chris De Burgh

No comments:

Post a Comment